Trencon is committed to the process of Transformation in South Africa as an effective means of addressing historical economic and social inequalities. Trencon is a Level 1 B-BBEE Contributor.
We believe that early identification and focused development of key historically disadvantaged stakeholders, such as employees, suppliers and subcontractors, truly lead to an overarching environment of sustainable empowerment which in turn irrevocably contributes to the upliftment and transformation of the South African landscape in which we operate.
Trencon is 100% Black Women – Owned.
Trencon is committed to the promotion of skills development, education, and training within the Construction industry. Recognising that our employees, subcontractors and stakeholders are an important element in the success of our company and a source of sustainable competitive advantage, our Directors and Management are fully dedicated to the training and development of all Stakeholders.
We offer numerous bursaries, and training opportunities for our staff as well as unemployed individuals who are in need of assistance. We also offer in-service training for candidates who are in the process of achieving their National Diploma in Building.
Trencon Construction also believes in furthering the qualifications of existing employees and offer bursaries to support their vision.
Through persistent and focused preferential procurement initiatives, Trencon has built a reliable supply chain, which forms a key contribution to our ongoing success under tremendously competitive market conditions.
It is the policy of Trencon to promote BEE by striving to improve the current inequalities facing emerging businesses in South Africa. To achieve this Trencon encourages increased participation of Black businesses in procurement activities, with particular focus on targeted enterprises. In keeping with this policy, Trencon has set the following objectives:
- Increase the amount of spend on Black owned and Black women owned businesses
- Increase the amount of spend on procurement from Targeted Enterprises registered with CIDB as a Potentially Emerging Contractor.
- Enhance Trencon’s procurement status by encouraging suppliers to become contributors to B-BBEE and to improve their own contribution levels.
Enterprise & Supplier Development
Trencon encourages and supports the increased participation of Black businesses in the Construction industry, particularly Black Female owned businesses, by creating an enabling environment conducive to development and growth of SMMEs and co-operative enterprises.
Our Enterprise Development Initiatives are designed with the aim of assisting small Black owned businesses to develop and grow into self-sustainable enterprises. The assistance we have provided in the past has been as follows:
- Guaranteed work opportunities on existing Trencon projects
- Financial assistance
- Training and Development of employees
- Management Mentorships through our in-house Mentorship programme
- Business Administration Consulting.
Trencon Construction believes in assisting current subcontractors with skills in estimating and administrative training. We also have assisted companies in attaining their applicable registrations.
Trencon seeks to empower individuals and groups of people by providing them with the resources that they need to effect change in their own communities through our various corporate social investment initiatives.
Trencon assists various communities in the following ways:
- Sponsorship for skills training and education of local individuals
- Employment of individuals from the local community therefore decreasing the rate of unemployment within the community
- Monetary donations as well as donation of materials to local charities
- Construction of community buildings at a reduced cost